Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Resources for April 10, 2014

Dialogic Cinephilia archives:

Blade Runner (USA/Hong Kong: Ridley Scott, 1982)

Even the Rain (Spain/Mexico/France: Icíar Bollaín, 2010)

Hannah Arendt (Germany/Luxemborg/France: Margarethe von Trotta, 2012)

Top Films of 1964

Top Films of 1997


[via Ebony Nava] Dean, Michelle. "The Formidable Friendship of Mary McCarthy and Hannah Arendt." The New Yorker (June 2013)

Nava, Ebony. "ENG 282 Response to Even the Rain." Letterboxd (April 8, 2014)

Emily Hensley's Response to Even the Rain:
"Prior to watching this film I had never heard of these Water Wars. I find it very disturbing that I have been so secluded to what has been going on all around me. When this happened I was in high school and it either wasn’t taught and/or most likely I wasn’t highly concerned with current events around the world. However, now looking back I feel saddened that I have been so oblivious to what others have been through. I feel that I have learned more in this class by watching these films than I ever have over my entire life span. I’m truly grateful to have a new outlook upon life and the world we live in. I realize now that these events do matter not only because these people "matter" and they are “important” but also because one day I may not be so lucky… these horrors may come knocking at my door."


Dialogic: Resources for April 9, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment