Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Resources for July 14, 2015

In Praise of Chairs from Tony Zhou on Vimeo.




Frankish, Keith. "On the Hard Problem and the Illusion of Qualia." Philosophy Bites (October 11, 2014) ["Subjective experience leads to the so-called 'hard problem' of consciousness: the difficulty of explaining qualia in terms of the brain. Keith Frankish discusses both the problem and a possible solution."]

Swift, Adam. "Parental Partiality." Philosophy Bites (October 27, 2014) ["Most parents want their own children to do well in life. What are the morally acceptable limits on the benefits we can confer on our own children?"]

Cronk, Jordan. "Kelly Reichardt: Genres, Geographies and the Evolution of a Filmmaker." Keyframe (March 4, 2014) ["Where Reichardt’s latest, an elaborate tale of radicalism, eco-terrorism, guilt and paranoia, fits."]

Townes, Carimah. "Why Netflix Shouldn’t Care If White Men Watch Its Newest Sci-Fi Series." Think Progress (July 8, 2015)


“I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you.” -- Frida Kahlo




Adams, John Joseph, Tobias Buckell and Sam J. Miller. "Is Sense8 Too Radical for Critics?" Wired (July 6, 2015)

Timm, Trevor. "Here’s how not to report on the US government’s terror warnings." Columbia Review of Journalism (July 10, 2015)

Hrapkowicz, Błażej. "Kelly Reichardt: Ambiguities." Ketframe (March 5, 2014) ["On bad dreams, political predicaments and fine lines: a master filmmaker speaks on her new project."]

Night Moves (USA: Kelly Reichardt, 2013) Dialogic Cinephilia (Ongoing Archive)

No comments:

Post a Comment