Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Dialogic Cinephilia - July 24, 2018


"Home is wherever I am with you" - I've been thinking a lot about how we develop and create a sense of home and what it takes to build a good home. I'm very fortunate because I feel like I have three homes - San Diego, Oregon, and Kentucky, but even more, I have been thinking about how my home is also carried within me, wherever I go, and it is populated with all of the people I have loved throughout out my life (past and present) and those that have helped me out on my journey (even saved my life at times). Hopefully those of you that are in my life know how much you mean to me - most likely as I continue to think and remember I will let you know (or remind you). Here's to all the people that are no longer in this world, I hope I do honor and repay your love/support, in other ways, for others that need it.




Barnard, Annie. "Climate Change is Killing the Cedars of Lebanon." The New York Times (July 18, 2018)

Benton, Michael Dean. "For Those That Want to Think-About and Act-To Change The World for the Better." Dialogic Cinephilia (May 9, 2018)

Fox, Neil and Dario Linares. "Blade Runner 2049." The Cinematologists (October 18, 2017) ["With the original Blade Runner being a formative film for both Dario and Neil, they take the time to discuss the 2017 sequel directed by Denis Villeneuve: Blade Runner 2049. A lot has been said and written about this new incarnation, directly about the aesthetics, philosophical themes and narrative, but also regarding the wider ideological readings related to gender, race and class. We hope you enjoy our contribution to the discourse around a film which, if nothing else, reminds us of cinema's ability to provoke thought and exercise passion."]

Lennard, Natasha. "Law Claiming to Fight Sex Trafficking is Doing the Opposite — By Cracking Down on Sex Work Organizing and Advocacy." The Intercept (June 13, 2018)

Solis, Jose. "Debra Granik on Leave No Trace, the Power of Minimalism, and Learning from Our Ancestors." The Film Stage (June 30, 2018)

Somerset, Sara Brittany. "UN Drug Committee Finds Cannabis an Effective, ‘Relatively Safe Drug.'" Leafly (June 11, 2018)





The Modern Jungle trailer from Charles Fairbanks on Vimeo.











No comments:

Post a Comment